JCC Maccabi Games
It’s time to join the team! Calling all Jewish teens ages 13-16 to participate in the experience of a lifetime!! Find out more here.
What is Maccabi?
Each summer, thousands of Jewish teens gather for a fun-filled week of athletic, social, and cultural events at the JCC Maccabi Games and Artsfest. Since 1982, over 100,000 teens have participated in what is deemed the largest annual Jewish teen event.
The Maccabi Games is an Olympics for Jewish teens, but the event serves a much larger purpose than just being an athletic competition, as it promotes community involvement, teamwork, and pride in being Jewish. Athletes compete in one of many potential sports including baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, ice hockey, volleyball, flag football, ultimate Frisbee, bowling, track and field, softball, dance, swimming, table tennis, and tennis.
In addition, there are social events and opportunities to help others during the week-long experience, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Participating in the JCC Maccabi Games and Artsfest is an opportunity to not only represent Tucson, but to meet teens from all over the country and world.
Here are some important event details to consider:
- Games are scheduled to be held in Atlanta, GA July 29 – August 2, 2019
- Participants must be Jewish
- Age requirements:
- Must be 13 and cannot turn 17 until after July 31, 2019
- Cost will be between $1,500-$2,000
- Fee is all inclusive and covers transportation, uniforms, merchandise, food, etc.
To learn more about participating in this incredible and life-changing event, please contact Josh Shenker at 520.299.3000 x192 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with you more on this exciting teen opportunity.
BBYO | Jewish 8th–12th Graders
Join us every Monday night for BBYO, a Jewish youth group for high school students. Make new Jewish friends, help your community, embrace your Judaism and, most of all, have a great time! One of the most rewarding experiences is making difference. Becoming a BBYO advisor gives you the chance to be part of the world’s leading Jewish teen movement and make a director impact on the future of the Jewish Community. Call or email today to find out more: 520.299.3000 x147 or email@example.com
Parents Night Out Grades K – 5
One Saturday per month 5-9pm
Join us for the best Saturday Night Party in town at the JCC’s popular Parent’s Night Out Party. Parents can relax and enjoy a night off while our J-Care staff provides a fun themed evening for children grades K – 5. It’s like summer camp in an evening. Includes special themed programs, as well as dinner, snack, games, a movie and more!
Parents Night Out Party Pricing
JCC members-First child $25, each additional sibling $20
Non-JCC members-First child $30, each additional sibling $25
For more information contact Robin Kelley at 520-299-3000 x 175 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Fit – Bodypump – Monday’s @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. Full Body Interval Training classes will include strength, mobility, stretch and core exercises. F.I.T. classes will challenge the teens to climb, jump, push, swing and move in a playful-like workout that will help them build strength and become more agile for fun, sport and fitness.
- Youth Cycling – Wednesdays @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. Indoor Cycling classes that stimulate the feel of cycling in the great outdoors. Youth participants experience the challenge of hills and flats using various sitting and standing positions. Indoor Cycling is for everyone at any fitness level and any age as long as they can reach the pedals safely.
- Yoga for Youth – Friday @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. A youthful approach to traditional yoga practice that facilitates the development of proper body alignment, better balance, improved flexibility and deeper body awareness. Yoga poses will include down dog, crow, pigeon, warrior and many more fun postures to get their imagination to expand.