JCC Maccabi Games
It’s time to join the team! Calling all Jewish teens ages 13-16 to participate in the experience of a lifetime!! Find out more here.
What is Maccabi?
Each summer, thousands of Jewish teens gather for a fun-filled week of athletic, social, and cultural events at the JCC Maccabi Games and Artsfest. Since 1982, over 100,000 teens have participated in what is deemed the largest annual Jewish teen event.
The Maccabi Games is an Olympics for Jewish teens, but the event serves a much larger purpose than just being an athletic competition, as it promotes community involvement, teamwork, and pride in being Jewish. Athletes compete in one of fourteen potential sports including baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, ice hockey, volleyball, flag football, softball, tennis, swimming, dance, table tennis, and track and field. In addition, there are social events and opportunities to help others during the weeklong experience, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
The JCC Maccabi Artsfest is designed to inspire Jewish teens through a dynamic combination of workshop, performance, exhibition, community service, social activities, and fun. The event aims to develop individuality through the medium of artistic expression while strengthening the bonds to their Jewish heritage, community, and Israel. Artsfest is not a competition but a proficient level of experience is required. Teens work together with their artist in residence and in their specialty to create art for the collaborative final performance and gallery. Activities include acting/improv, culinary, dance, musical theater, rock band, visual arts, vocal performance, and star reporter.
Participating in the JCC Maccabi Games and Artsfest is an opportunity to not only represent Tucson, but to meet teens from all over the country and world.
Here are some important event details to consider:
- Games are scheduled to be held in Orange County, CA, August 5 – 10
- Participants must be Jewish
- Age requirements:
- “The Games” – must be 13 and cannot turn 17 until after July 31, 2018
- “Artsfest” – must be 13 and cannot be older than 17
- Cost will be between $1,500-$2,000
- Opportunities to fundraise to decrease the cost will be provided
To learn more about participating in this incredible and life-changing event, please contact Cara Love at 520.299.3000 x175 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with you more on this exciting teen opportunity.
BBYO | Jewish 8th–12th Graders
Join us every Monday night for BBYO, a Jewish youth group for high school students. Make new Jewish friends, help your community, embrace your Judaism and, most of all, have a great time! One of the most rewarding experiences is making difference. Becoming a BBYO advisor gives you the chance to be part of the world’s leading Jewish teen movement and make a director impact on the future of the Jewish Community. Call or email today to find out more: 520.299.3000 x175 or email@example.com
Special Teen & Youth Events
OPEN GYM / YOUTH LOUNGE (Ages 12-17)
Hang out with old and new friends one Saturday a month for open gym! Fun for everyone with yummy dinner provided! Have fun playing different games including basketball, dodgeball, volleyball and capture the flag. Drop in the youth lounge for pool, video games, music and movies. Call today to find out more: Cara Love 520.299.3000 x175 firstname.lastname@example.org
One Saturday per month 6:00-8:00 pm
Registration Fee: $5 / $3 member
Parents Night Out Grades K – 5
One Saturday per month 5-9pm
Join us for the best Saturday Night Party in town at the JCC’s popular Parent’s Night Out Party. Parents can relax and enjoy a night off while our J-Care staff provides a fun themed evening for children grades K – 5. It’s like summer camp in an evening. Includes special themed programs, as well as dinner, snack, games, a movie and more!
Parents Night Out Party Pricing
JCC members-First child $25, each additional sibling $20
Non-JCC members-First child $30, each additional sibling $25
For more information contact Corey Cravens at 520-299-3000 x 256 or email@example.com
- Youth Fit – Bodypump – Monday’s @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. Full Body Interval Training classes will include strength, mobility, stretch and core exercises. F.I.T. classes will challenge the teens to climb, jump, push, swing and move in a playful-like workout that will help them build strength and become more agile for fun, sport and fitness.
- Youth Cycling – Wednesdays @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. Indoor Cycling classes that stimulate the feel of cycling in the great outdoors. Youth participants experience the challenge of hills and flats using various sitting and standing positions. Indoor Cycling is for everyone at any fitness level and any age as long as they can reach the pedals safely.
- Yoga for Youth – Friday @ 4:30 – 5:15 pm. A youthful approach to traditional yoga practice that facilitates the development of proper body alignment, better balance, improved flexibility and deeper body awareness. Yoga poses will include down dog, crow, pigeon, warrior and many more fun postures to get their imagination to expand.