Endowment Funds: What is an Endowment Fund?
An endowment fund is a permanent fund that has earnings to benefit a charity. Revenue from a fund can be designated for a specific purpose providing a revenue stream to fund core programs, provide scholarships or support operations. An endowment fund is designed to function in perpetuity, making it possible to provide financial support over the long-term. Annual distributions are made based on a spending rate set by the Board of Directors.
THE HARRY & JEANETTE WEINBERG ENDOWMENT FUND
This permanently restricted endowment fund, by far the largest fund held by the JCC, was established in 1997 when a generous challenge gift was offered by the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Foundation. At year end 2009, the fund held $2,716,226 and provided $136,000 which was used solely for scholarships for J families in need.
Donations made to the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Endowment Fund of $2,500 and above are recognized on a beautiful permanent display at the JCC. Gifts of any size are welcome and invested immediately.
CREATING A NAMED ENDOWMENT FUND FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TUCSON JCC
Named endowments can be created as long as they fit within the mission and values of the Tucson Jewish Community Center and are not too restrictive in nature. A named endowment fund can be created with a gift at a minimum of $25,000.
NAMED ENDOWMENT FUNDS AT THE JCC INCLUDE:
- The Joseph and Pauline Adams Endowment Fund (Scholarships)
- Paul Ash Family Maccabi Youth Endowment Fund (JCC Association Maccabi Games)
- Elizabeth & Benjamin Brook Endowment Fund (Early Childhood Education Scholarships)
- Marian Cerf Endowment Fund (Holocaust Education)
- Deanne Diamond Campership Fund (Camp Scholarships)
- Lorraine Linder Endowment Fund (Senior Grocery Shopping)
- The George & Roslyn Girard Miller Endowment Fund (Camp Scholarships)
- The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Endowment Fund (Scholarships)
- Erin Schoenberg Memorial Endowment Fund (Early Childhood Education Scholarships)
- Shanhouse Endowment Fund (Unrestricted)
- Beth Stern Memorial Endowment Fund (Employee Excellence Awards)
To make a gift to any of these funds please contact Chief Development Officer Sue Debenedette 52.299.3000 x211 email@example.com